Search

Google

Friday 26 October 2007

Team building strategies: You must know them all!

Team building strategies: You must know them all!
Neha Sharma, TNN

Walk the talk...

Our company founder, Mary Kay Ash, often said, “The speed of the leader is the speed of the gang.” I therefore focus on leading by example and always attempt to “walk the talk.” I make efforts to ensure that my actions are transparent, speak for themselves and that they set the pace for the rest of my team.

A leader must...

... have the ability to not only create and communicate an inspiring vision to all members of his/her organisation but also build purpose beyond the job for all of them. This should be complemented with excellent listening skills and a problem solving approach. I also believe that an effective leader must be very consistent.

My people should have...

... vision, honesty, integrity and a golden heart. I want team members who dream big, work hard and stick to their principles. I have found that when people focus on helping others achieve success, they typically achieve it themselves. The personal traits of an individual can either have an immensely positive impact in the work environment or vitiate it completely. At Mary Kay, we believe it's impossible to separate strength of character and consistency of actions from the overall growth and success of our organisation.

Our culture is...

... built around the golden rule: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you” . Regardless of where we operate around the world, we have found that when our people truly adopt this mantra, sky is the limit for them. A culture that is built on motivation, recognition and always doing the right thing makes for a great organisation. I firmly believe that if you will let people know that you appreciate their performance, dedication and consistency, they will respond by doing even better. Encourage them to take calculated risks in addition to this and you will have a winning organisation.

My personal space....

I am very fortunate to have a job that not only fulfils me professionally but also gives me the opportunity to meet other people who share my interest in creating opportunities for women to achieve their dreams. Apart from this, I spend a lot of time with my husband and two children. I also dabble in a number of activities, such as aerobics, yoga, playing the piano, interior decorating and reading to build new experiences.

No comments:

Team 1 Dubai : Your e-Home for TQM & Positive Thinking Headline Animator