Search

Google

Friday 12 October 2007

Mukesh Ambani on what wealth means to him

Mukesh Ambani on what wealth means to him

October 12, 2007 15:26 IST
Amused by reports about his personal wealth, Reliance Industries [Get Quote] chairman Mukesh Ambani on Friday said that it matters little to him whether his personal fortunes are measured in billions or millions if the country prospers and the company grows.
"There have been several reports in the media about my personal wealth. Frankly, I am amused with these reports. Because I never thought of myself in these terms. Nor have I worked in any way for these epithets," Mukesh Ambani said at the company's 33rd Annual General Meeting in Mumbai.

"True wealth lies in what you give to the society and to the country, the real assets that you build, the institutions you nurture and the contribution you make to all-round prosperity," Mukesh said.

He was referring to reports that Reliance's turnover has shot up to Rs 1 trillion and its market cap to Rs 3,82,259 crore.

"The money you accumulate merely gives you an opportunity to make a difference. We make use of it to create wealth for the nation and look for a social return. I measure my success by the value that I create for my shareholders and the assets that we, as a company, create for the nation as a whole," he added.

He, however, took pride in helping to build the human capital for those 'thousands of young people who have made Reliance what it is today'.

No comments:

Team 1 Dubai : Your e-Home for TQM & Positive Thinking Headline Animator