Search

Google

Thursday 9 October 2008

Opportunity to become more religious

Opportunity to become more religious


Warning signs and brochures to be issued to regular long distance drivers

I don't know whether I am getting older or I don't know whether I am getting added opportunities in life to become more religious. One thing is sure, each time I take my car on the Abu Dhabi - Dubai Highway these days, I am thanking almighty GOD infinite number of times for the near misses.

A drive down on the way to Dubai from Abu Dhabi at around 2:30 and 3:30 pm, several times you will be passed by speeding cars from both sides at unbelievable speed. Most of these drivers are those who stay out of the city and come to work and rush back to join their family. How many of them succeed to continue with this erratic road behaviour is a question to be checked with casuality sections of major hospitals. In their urge to reach back home for lunch and then an afternoon snap before they hit their evening union, they forget that they are risking their own life as well as the fellow drivers' who are on the road at the same time. I wish the authorities issue necessary warning letters and brochures to those employees working on both sides, i.e. Abu Dhabi and Dubai and drive back home long distances after office to stick on to speed limits and respect driving rules.

Personally, I do not say any more with confidence that I will have a safe return on this route whenever I start.

I WISH AUTHORITIES ISSUE NECESARY WARNINGS AND BROCHRUES TO REGULAR LONG DISTANCE DRIVERS, ESPECIALLY FROM THE GOVERNMENT SECTOR, WHO LIVE FAR FROM THE CITY AND DRIVE DOWN DAILY TO HOME AND WORK TO MAKE THEM AWARE OF THIS DANGER.

Ramesh Menon
09102008



Ramesh Menon
09102008

No comments:

Team 1 Dubai : Your e-Home for TQM & Positive Thinking Headline Animator